- About this Initiative
- Faculty Research
- Graduate Consortium
Robert N. Stavins
Albert Pratt Professor of Business and Government
Director, Harvard Environmental Economics Program
Director, Harvard Project on International Climate Agreements
- Harvard University Center for the Environment
- Future of Energy at Harvard
- Harvard Kennedy School
- Harvard Environmental Economics Program
- Harvard Project on International Climate Agreements
- Environmental and Natural Resources Policy
- Department of Economics
Environmental economics, natural resource economics, and related public policy; innovation and diffusion of technology; market-based strategies for future climate policy; international climate agreements.
Economics 1661/API-135: Introduction of Environmental & Resource Economics and Policy
Economics 2690hf/API-905y: Seminar on Environmental Economics and Policy
Economics 3680hf: Research in Environmental Economics
- The SO2 Allowance Trading System: The Ironic History of a Grand Policy Experiment. Journal of Economic Perspectives, Volume 27, Number 1, Winter 2013, pp. 103-122
- Climate Negotiators Create an Opportunity for Scholars. Science, August 31, 2012, Volume 337, Number 6098, pp. 1043‑1044.
- The Effect of Allowance Allocations on Cap-and-Trade System Performance. The Journal of Law and Economics 54(4), 2011, (published August, 2012), pp. S267-S294
- Challenges from State-Federal Interactions in U.S. Climate Change Policy. American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings, volume 101, number 3, May 2011, pages 253-257.
- The Problem of the Commons: Still Unsettled After 100 Years. American Economic Review 101(2011):81-108. [A-63]
- Corporate Social Responsibility, Business Strategy, and the Environment. Oxford Review of Economic Policy 26.2 (June 2010): 164‑181.
- “Linking Tradable Permit Systems: A Key Element of Emerging International Climate Policy Architecture.” Ecology Law Quarterly 36(2010):789-808.
- Post-Kyoto International Climate Policy (Cambridge University Press, 2009)