- About this Initiative
- Faculty Research
- Graduate Consortium
Paul Whiton Cherington Professor of Business Administration
International energy issues; regulation of natural gas, nuclear power, air pollution, and hazardous wastes; strategy and deregulation in airlines, railroads, telecommunications; financial services; renewable energy; low-carbon energy sources
- Environmental Protection and the Social Responsibility of Firms: Perspectives from Law, Economics, and Business (Resources for the Future, 2005)
- (with F.L. Reinhardt and Fiona Murray) "Foreign Firms in the Chinese Power Sector: Economic and Environmental Impacts." In Energizing China: Reconciling Environmental Protection and Economic Growth, edited by M. McElroy, C. Nielsen and P. Lydon. Cambridge: Harvard University Committee on Environment, 1998.
- (with F.L. Reinhardt) Business Management and the Natural Environment: Cases and Texts (Southwestern Publishing Company, 1996)
- Contrived Competition: Regulation and Deregulation in America (Harvard University Press, 1994)
- Energy Policy in America Since 1945: A Study of Business-Government Relations (Cambridge University Press, 1984)
Harvard Business School Cases:
A123 Systems: Power. Safety. Life. 711-066.
AEP: Carbon Capture and Storage. 711-036.
Cape Wind: Offshore Wind Energy in the USA. 708-022.
Duke Energy and the Nuclear Renaissance. 712-002.
Low-Carbon, Indigenous Innovation in China. 712-061.
Suntech Power. 710-013.
The Suzlon Edge. 708-051.